newbie need advice to upgrade highend system

i am looking to upgrade to higher end system. Currently i have the Yamaha RX-A3000 and PSB Image T6 5 speakers and a klipssh 12" power sub.

I am looking for good processor, great amps, and great speakers. I am pretty much lock in with Mcintosh Amp such as MC452, 2x MC301 or 2x MC601 and MC303 for center and rear.

The main speakers I am looking for is 802 Diamond (if new) or 800 Diamond if used or the used Scala Utopia III or Canton Reference Jubilee.

Based on the speakers i look at, are the amps i picked good enough?

Should i go with single channel MC601 or MC301 or MC452 is as good as single channel?

Can anyone recommend a good enough 4k/3d pass thru processor and power sub?

I have saved $40K for 2 years just for this so i want to get the most out of the hard earned $40. I am not rich dude with deep pocket so I am opened to used but late model. 70% of the time will be music and mostly classical and jazz.

Looking to get the system before the house warming party Oct 24 2014 THANKS THANKS THANKS
sautan904

Showing 8 responses by sautan904

Greatly appreciate if you can be more specific why I would be wasting the money? So if you think I made a mistake going this way then I am opened to recommendation how I should do it. Now that will be a valuable comment suppose to simply telling me I will be wasting money cause I won't learn anything from that. I am a newbie and yes I am here to learn so if you have a better way you think I should go with then please feel free to share. Thank you very much.
But I still do not understand why would it be a disaster for getting what I like within the budget I have set and save 2 years ago? Unless the amps and speakers I pick are tested to be bad matching, technically. However I thought you research, you have audition and from there you pick the setup best to your liking, am I correct?
Thank you for all the constructive comment. I have been researching since I started saving money and been auditioned since 2 months ago. I never believed more expensive means better to certain extend. This is really personal preference when come to how music should sound.

I have demo the MC152 on my PSB T6 and it sounds more to my liking than Yamaha reveiver even though the MC has less WPC. I also borrowed my friends 804 diamond playing on the MC152. Its sounds great but for some reason, I like the PSB better on clissical. But like the 804 better on movie, both without subwoofer. So it really come down to what I loke rather than price. I have auditioned the 800 and 802 and focal, but no chance for canton reference due to no demo store around my area.

My original plan was to get a great amp and keep the PSB since amp basically last a lifetime. Also will never have too much quality WPC to the speaker even for lower end PSB. If I started with great speakers, I do not have great amp to power it so I guess I will start with the amp first. For preamp/processor, I think I will go with something decent since they get outdated as technology improved, not like amp and speaker they basically last a lifetime.

So what do you think I stick with my original plan with just the great amp and decent processor like marantz av8801 or cx-a5000? I am just use my regular DVD player. Budget $17,750..

Thanks.
I like focal scala utopia and also find the 1038be is great too for much less on the demo. IMO, focal has better treble than 802 and 800. I like treble and I have problem hearing when people speak in low tone. In fact I think my cheapo PSB sounds to my liking than B&W. I believe it will sound even better with a better amp rather than receiver. Will try out few amps and go from there.

Already had the 85" 4K UHD TV. No plan for projector but looking at the Sony 4K short throw projector, maybe in late 2015
thank you so much! i don't know if i will ever get so deep to become a pro knowing the differences of speaker material , frequency, crossover, angle, room size and etc. I basically would like to have a very nice big quality speakers, amps that will last for long time (with proper maintenance). Once i am set then i am set. I do not continue checking and tell myself i should have got this or that system. Even i may get a new one, it will be at least 5 years later.

I appreciate your comment and I will give everything a very deep and thorough test.
Definitely changing how I would choose the system now and take time to audition all the speakers and amps to find the best match.

Source, I assume you are asking component like DVD/CD player? It will be either from DVD or CD or iPhone. Just a normal player bought from bestbuy.

My room is about 500 sqft and 9' in height.
question. speaker frequency response is 18hz-40khz. amplifier frequency response is 20hz-20khz. does it mean speaker will only get what amplifier's frequency response?