Newbie Analog High Expectations??

Good Afternoon,

I am considering jumping into analog with a my system. I have Magnepan 1.6s. I will be adding a Rogue Perseus preamp to use its HT bypass with my Integra 9.8 and Sunfire amp.

I am thinking of adding a turntable, must people agree a Rega P3 is the best entry level model. This will go along with my Squeezebox Duet. I want to buy classic jazz LPs and build a collection.

Since I want to buy used to save money, could I be disappointed in the analog sound compared to the digital I am used to? I hear everyone rave about LPs but I continue to be skeptical.

PS I didn't grow up with LPs. :)

Thanks for any insight
colleycol
Hi Cory,

If you like to tinker you will love LP playback. It is work, from finding good copies, to how to store them, to how to get to the most, to how to maintain what you do set up. Vinyl is work but it can be very rewarding.

Unless you feel the need to get dealer support, I will suggest that you look at the used market here for a table. You can get 4 or more times the performance of the tables you mentioned. And if you decide it is not for you, you will not lose much if any of your investment. But be advised. The arm, the cartridge, the table, the cables, the phono stage are all equally important with vinyl. Then we can start the discussions of how to adjust all of this in order to get the best performance.
Post removed 
Wow, what a great forum. I thought avsforum.com had all the experts!!!

Ok..What makes a good turntable etc..? I know constant speed and no resonance issues. What else should I look for?

Also should I buy only 180/200g reissues or look at older records as well?

Thanks again
There are good used tables available at a reasonable price on AG. I would buy one of them ,then find a good used record store and buy maybe 20 records. Learn to use the table, it takes a little while. See how you like it. If you do you can get a better table when you feel the need and expand your collection. If you don't then you can dispose of your table on AG, sell your records back to the store and be out very little.