New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor

Showing 3 responses by pryso

jsm71, for most tonearms Azimuth will be a function of the headshell.  Few arms incorporate a means to rotate the arm tube.  (Certainly no S shaped arms for obvious reasons.)  My Kuzma Reference Stogi did but I think that is rare.

When considering any headshell, stock or accessory, just check to see it there is a set-screw to allow rotation around the connector.

Concerning the aesthetics of the SL1200GAE and G, I initiated another post here regarding my bafflement that Technics would copy an old design (successful sales or not) for what is largely a newly engineered product.   

Ralph, "we couldn't use the screws that hold the platter to the motor unless we drilled holes in the platter pad".

What about something like rubber cement that makes a bond but can be peeled away?  Rubber cement itself may not be best, I don't know how effective that would be between rubber and metal?

More importantly, how many other mats are glued down?  I'm not aware of aftermarket options, but then I never looked for this consideration.
Ralph, sorry, I meant trying some means of gluing the stock rubber mat that would not be permanent.