New Stereo Times review on CODA CSiB Integrated Amplifier

My fellow Stereo Times staff reviewer, Richard Willie, has written a superlative review on the Coda CSiB Integrated that has just been posted on the website. Richard does a great job of describing the new "house" sound of this generation of Coda gear, an excellent analysis of the world class build quality of Coda gear, and a very interesting comparison of the Coda CSib to the Pass Labs XA-30.8. A fun read!

amorstereo
Hey yashu,

If you can I would recommend you cancel your order and consider the Coda integrated. Besides build quality, the Coda is built to a much higher standard, the Hegel is many notches below regarding performance compared to the Coda's beautiful presentation of music. 
Yes, with the Hegel, you are paying a premium for an imported product unlike Coda, a much better value. Anyone considering Hegel should try to audition a Coda product first.
I excitedly second the recommendation for Coda, and all of their gear in general! Best value in high end audio...and Doug is great to work with.

The Hegel 590 is very good. It is a jack of all trades unit like the KRELL K-300i. The CODA CSiB is less feature rich. Some people may prefer the more neutral sound of the Hegel. 

In terms of build quality the CODA is Bryston like. They offer a 10 year warranty so you know they have confidence in the product. I think Hegel is 2 years, which was something that affected my decision to go with the KRELL and the CODA. I could be wrong on the warranty.

Great review and thanks for mentioning it in the forums!

We are a CODA dealer and would be happy to help Audiogoners in the Chicago area with any questions.

Thanks!
Mike
Audio Archon - Authorized CODA dealer