New Rega Planer 8 (P8) Turntable - Apheta 2 Cartridge Combo - Thoughts

Any Thought's on the "New" Rega Planer 8 (P8) Turntable - Apheta 2 Cartridge Combo

Any Rega owners / dealers / folks familiar with the table and/or brand have any thoughts / advise about this table / brand / combo? 

I am trying vinyl again... Tried it before without much luck. Table / cart / phono set up was too finicky for me and I wasn't able to get decent sound. I sold it all and am now giving it another try.

I also chose a Sutherland Duo phonostage to match with it.

Would love thoughts, advise, ideas or feedback. I have never owned a Rega product before. Going to set it up tonight but still waiting for my phonostage to be mailed to me. Would love some feedback. 

Thanks  

System info

Rega P8 Turntable / Apheta 2 Cart
Sutherland Duo Phonostage
Simaudio Moon Evolution P-8 Linestage
Pass Labs X250.8 Amp
Magico S5 Speakers (MK II's on order)

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
Thought I'd add my two cents here.  I just acquired a used RP8 turntable and I think it just has to be the most beautiful turntable I'd ever seen.  They did change the looks significantly, so be it.

I changed the mat to a hard mat and the weight to an eBay Croatian counterweight and I also use a Chinese sourced record weight.

Between the hard mat and the Croatian made counterweight, I think the turntable really sings now.  I need to spend much more time with it, though.
some records sound good some do not just like cds. There is a list from the absolute sound called records to die for. check it out.
Just wanna get my perspective on the subject!
I went from the RP8/Ania combo, with the FONOMC riaa in use for that combo, too now owning the magnificent, all sweet beautiful looking little monster table, the P8/Apheta 2 combo.
My new phono stage just arrived a few days ago, and after some thoughts, demo`s and one weekend trying out the Lehmann Black Cube SE II against the Aria, there were no doubt in my mind, that the Aria just blew the BC out of the ballpark with this combo.
So if one is looking for a high end TT, but are not ready or capable too by the most crazy priced TT`s out there, you will get not only a killer table/cart, that will get others brand in that price category ashamed, you will also get very very close to vinyl/analog nirvana, without breaking the bank.
I cannot think of another TT in that price range, that even come close too this one?
Some say the new P8 is better than the previous RP10, but you have too try that comparison out for yourself? I once heard the P9/Apheta 1, with the Rega IOS phono stage, and as i remember it, this new combo (P8/Apheta) is at least as good as what i remember the P9/Apheta 1 was? Perhaps the IOS was responsible for this?  
But who cares? If you like the looks and sound/performance of this combo, just go ahead and spend your hard earned money, and then forget about other peoples opinions, lean back and enjoy the music we all love so much.
As for now:
I need to put a record on..!!