New $24,000 inter-connect

I just saw a new Audiogon listing for a $24,000 inter-connect by Matthew Bond (Tara Labs). How many ya gonna order?
128x128bdp24

Showing 9 responses by geoffkait

Obviously this was some kind of troll. Give me a break. I know of only one person who has $24,000 interconnects. Don’t get your panties all twisted up. It’s not some kind of new trend. I don’t even have interconnects. Nobody’s pointing a gun at your head. 😳 What could possibly be next? $15,000 cartridges? $120,000 turntables? 
Many audio things labeled as Made In USA contain parts that come from outside the US. I have products that are Made In USA that contain batteries made in China. I have products that are Made In USA that contain crystals from all over the world, Brazil, India, wherever. They’re still made in the US. Designed and assembled. There is no standard for what should be labeled Made In USA. Some things are Designed in USA, assembled in China. Is Apple an American product or Chinese? Some technology Made In USA is stolen and produced outside USA.

Weren’t the ubiquitous Continuous Cast Copper conductors a Japanese invention?

A couple years ago there was someone who compiled a compendium of audiophile products that were Made In the USA, including those that contained parts made outside USA. To whit,

http://americanmadeaudio.com/the-list/

Here’s why the Koenigsegg Agera RS1 is worth $10 million. There is a reason for everything. Oh, it has extras? You mean like an extra 500 hp? Well, isn’t that the point? 😳

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/video-heres-why-koenigsegg-agera-rs1-worth-10-mill-281474979901...

Name one person who bought them. Betcha can’t. The Swedish Super Car Keonnegsig is worth 10 million bucks. Are you going to boycott them?
Actually, it’s not really much of a racket when you do the math. The dudes selling relatively inexpensive cables most likely make much more money than those selling $24,000 cables. Plus he’s got to compete with the other dudes who also sell super expensive cables. Have you seen what these super expensive cables look like? They don’t make these things in their basement. 
One wonders how many are in the $0 interconnect population. Not too many. Maybe just one.
Depends on what you’re connecting. If you’re connecting a DartZeel preamp $45K to DartZeel amp $145K it might make very good sense.

glupson
1,609 posts
12-13-2018 11:35pm
"Maybe it's price is partially a result of the wire being non-directional."
What a waste of effort to put it in the XLR that you can install only one way.

>>>>>Sorry, glubson, the expiration date for that joke has long passed.