Need your thoughts on Denon 3910 vs McCormack UDP1

I'm a 2 channel fan who has just expanded to 5.1 with all McCormack electronics, with which I am very pleased. I just bought the 3910 over the UDP1 because of probable better video, more connection and adjustment flexibilty, and lower price.

Early impressions of the 3910 sound quality leaves me unexcited. It just sounds generaly mid-fi, when compared even to my 6 year old Classe CDP.5 which kills it for musicality.

So my options are either trade it back within a week for a UDP, which everyone that has heard it seems to rave about, and accept the no DVI/HDMI, less controls etc. Or eventually send the 3910 in to one of the major mod places, which everyone seems to rave about, and hope it sounds as good as a UDP.

My main frustration is that it seems I have to make this crucial decision without any possible way to actually compare the sound of a UDP to a modified Denon - what would you do?
Ag insider logo xs@2xbbeezley

Showing 1 response by ears

Go whith the best sound and best picture quality bar none universal under 4k... the Onkyo sp 1000.

Vanns had these for 1464.00(2000.00 U.S.list) and sold there entire stock in a couple of days.
This player sells for 5k or more U.S in the orient,UK, and Europe.
This player is superior to the Denon 5900/3910 for video and has that toe tapping musicality thing going for it also.