Need some audiogon expertise

Hi all, I am having a little problem here with thin bass. I am not really sure where to start. Some help would be most apprecieated. I have heard some say tubes in preamp but i dont feel that 2 little 6922's can be causing the music to be so thin but maybe so. Heres my list of equipment.

California Audio Labs Icon/Powerboss
Audible Illusions L-1/matched pair of 6H23-EB
Aragon 4004 mkII
Sansui TU-717
Vmps Tower 2/R's
Acoustic Research 12 guage
Radio Shack fusion IC's throughout

Stand alone i've not heard of any of the components having the traits of thin bass. But obviously i have something causing this.

Room is 22 x 14 x 8. Speakers are on the short wall placed 2 1/2 feet from back wall and 3 feet from sidewalls toed in directly at my listening position which is 10 feet from speakers.

Thanks for the help.
kool39
Have you had this system long? The components have been around since about 1990. Did the system ever provide a fuller bass? You're right that it should sound good. There's enough power and the speakers are designed to provide you with solid bass. I'm wondering if the thin bass is a recent phenomenon? If it is, then here are my questions:
1) Did you change anything lately (e.g., cables or room)?
2) Is the problem present in both channels?
3) Has this been a gradual decline in bass response or sudden?
It is nothing less than absurd to blame "Cables and interconnects" for thin bass or grainy highs! Room-speaker interaction, Speaker position, Speakers and/or source, equipment synergy, would be place i would look first. Find yourself Stereophile Test 3 CD, and start from there.
Try a Peavey Kozmos processor. Go to the Peavey website. It will help for room corrections and cost only 250-300.
Celtic, in response to cables and interconnects. I have had radio shack ic's in other systems and never had a bass problem and i have always used 12 guage speaker cable so i am not sure if i can go along with that idea. Only because of my previous personal experiences with the same products.

Ozfly,this is a recent compilation of equipment gathered from reviews, chats, and what other users have had to say with each piece of equipment. All equipment is easily an 8/10 and some 9/10. Aragon is from 1993. Audible Illusions is from 1995. The Cal Icon is from 1990 but had been to factory in 1996 for powerboss upgrade and check up. Vmps or from 1993 and the sansui tuner is 1977.
In response to your questions,
1)System has been put together in last 6 months.Cables and ic's were purchased new.
2)Yes,both channels have the exact same trait.The highs are very smooth the midrange is slightly recessed (nature of the vmps).I can actually listen for hours and never be fatigued.In the midrange and highs its the best system i have ever had in my home.
3)Its just been thin from the first day i hooked it up.

Lindemman,as for equipment synergy everything sounds fantastic except for the thin bass. The difference i do have from other systems that i have owned is this one is on the short wall and my other systems were on the long wall. But i have heard so much talk about using the short wall with much better results that i have indeed set this fairly new system up that way.
Could it be possible that the room, with all these components that are considered to share in one common trait together,which is good bass, is the source of my problem?
I will try to find a test cd and i will also need to purchase a meter to test my frequencies, any recommendations?

Thanks all for you input.