Need help with Subwoofer upgrade

I have a modest $275 Klipsch r-10sw sub, but also have Dynaudio 3/7 towers and a 125 watt Cambridge integrated amp. I feel all my gear is really nice, just finished the build like 2.5 months ago, but the base response seems to be too much or too little when making adjustments with the crossover and moving away from the wall etc.  My speakers back up to a large Arcadia door  and the sub is inbetween a tall wood armoire and the left tower speaker. Listening seat is probably 15 feet from the glass with a wall right behind the seat of the couch. The room opens to the right of the seated area about 10 feet, but opens to the left about 25 feet into the kitchen area. 

My listening volume and taste is a lot of smooth jazz, and clasic rock, Dire Straights, The Eagles, Fleeteood Mac, Floyd and the Dead etc. Volume dial is about 8:45 - 11:00.
My my questions are: would my boomyness issues go away with a 1000 watt sun fire sub? I’ve seen some reasonaly priced RELs but they are only 300-500 watts and still 500-$800 range... but they have a passive sub with the active sub. ( but if I’m dropping $800 for a sub I would think I should be getting more than 300 watts right)? 
Does the radiator sub make a big diff in SQ vs a single active sub? Would I be better off with a 1000 watt sun fire?  And... will I get more noticeable SQ if the sub doesn’t have the LFE switch for theater applications? My setup is just  2.1 channel.

Thanks for any advice. 

rmiller01

Showing 1 response by bigjohn9095