need help-how to build sound absorber, deffusive

Since I moved to the new room, my system sounds so bad that I don't listen to the music anymore. It realy hurts my ears. My new room is hardwood floor, I put a good size rug in front of the speakers, put the speakers on the stands, and some live plants behind the speakers. It helped but the low and the mid bass are muggy. I know there is a lot of room accoustic material that could help, but I can't afford them. Does anyone build their own bass trap and sound deffusive? Would you please show me how to build one and tell me what materials to use and where to purchase them?
Thanks.
ltt142

Showing 2 responses by ltt142

Tom-
I have a table saw and other tools. I'm willing to try anything, but please try to keep it simple because I'm not great with following instructions!! Please email me at [email protected]. I appreciate the help. Thanks.
Lac
Sean-
My room is rectangular-14'x24'x7.6" and my speakers are B&W N. 802. The speakers are 4' from behind wall, 3'from the side wall and 9' from listening, one wall has a window with with a curtain cover. The other wall leads into a hallway. There is a bay window behind listening. I tried to place the speakers farther away from the walls but the bass didn't get any better. Besides fiberglass instulation being used for sound absorbing and deffusive, is there any other material to use? Thanks.