Need feedback on Classe amps

Hi,

I read the Classe CAM-350 review in Stereophile and the reviewer said the amps sounded a bit lean and lacked the warmth and weight of other amps he has tried.

I thought all Classe amps were the anything but lean but rather full, rich and warm. Do these new monoblocks have a different sonic signature than the traditional Classe series house sound?

Thanks!
kw6

Showing 1 response by lev335

yes they are diffrent. They arent as dynamic as the older series but the older series was a little loose on the botom end. Also my findings where that the older series, yes, warm sounding but to warm in an all classe system. At times when a recording was on the warm side it was to much. Which can sometimes give the listner a false sense of realism. Thats why I go for a very neutral and natural sounding equipment. I own Levinson which I feel gives you the best of everything it doesnt add anything or take it away. What was recorded in the studio is what you get at home with no additives. And there are many great amps on the market today do alot of listening before you buy. WHAT EQUIPMENT ARE YOU USING NOW?(speakers,etc.)