Need at least 900wpc in 4ohm

Suggestions for what can do the job? Thanks.
tccaux
Devilboy, LOL! The Snells do require a commitment! Size of small refrigerators and 150 lbs a piece! But there's a reason they often make the 10 Best Speakers ever list. Certain cult thing as well. The AIII was headed for production release when Peter Snell dropped dead at age 38 (?) in his shop in 1984. A great talent lost to the art and science of audio. Thanks.
I agree with the Tccaux, Snell AIII was one of the best speakers of its time and still may be.
Friends that had them used big Threshold amps.If they can be found that's the amp for these speakers
am surprised that nobody mentioned Spectron amplifier. Its very powerful as many know or should know. From their web site:

ABSOLUTE POWER by James L. Darby:

"Recently, a friend of mine bought a new car - a Bentley Continental GT.....engine was silent and silky smooth and provided the sensation of taking off in 747... That is how I would describe listening to the Spectrons; quiet and luxurious with no sense of effort at any volume level... More than most other amps, the Spectrons allow you to feel the music (not the sound) as well as hear it... Like the Bentley, you don't think to yourself, "Wow! This is powerful!", you are not conscious of the power at all. You are conscious of the music in all its pristine glory without much of a perception of electronics at all; the music just is...Like the Bentley, the Spectrons excel at speed.."

"[Musicians] also were articulate and listenable at low levels. I cannot explain why, but it is true. More than once while playing at background levels, I was drawn in to the music to the point I had to sit down and listen..."

It has enormous headroom i.e. reserve power for crescendos which only a few class A amplifiers have and only Mark Levinson No.53 (at $50k) is another class D amp comparable in that regard.

However, you need not only power but...FINESSE and Spectron which has "Best Sound at CES" Award is one of the best amplifiers I know and tried. My speakers, "Sasha "are most power hungry among Wilson speakers and I am extremely pleased with Spectron I have not only in power but in sheer musicality. I would use word "seductive" describing its sound. Of course good preamp will help too (I have Joule-Electra "450ME").

At $3,995 a piece its not a brainer, I would think!

Mike
Sorry about the misinformation on the JC1s, they do perform indeed! Plus, they sound great.
The more I'm thinking about this, the more I think it's absurd that a speaker needs 900 watts to sound good. Are you saying you have a speaker that needs 900 watts for the entire speaker, or just bass drivers? I'm not doubting the sound quality a snell is capable of producing, but my common sense says that a driver/speaker requiring 900 watts to convey an emotional connection to music simply hasn't been designed properly.