Need Amp for BE-718, any suggestions?

I'm breaking in my BE-718 with my anthem a2 amp, for some reason, they don't blend together well - no synergy/nada...anyone out there with BE-718 with a good SS amp?
veloxant

Showing 2 responses by raks

I’ve been hoping that someone would ask this question since I got my Usher BE718’s. I’m currently driving mine with a multi-channel Theta Intrepid (100 Watts), and they sound amazing. All the reviews say the BE718’s “crave power”. I’ve been thinking about buying an amp that puts out 300 Watts, but I don't know if its safe to drive the BE718’s with that much power. Does anyone have advice?
Veloxant… I listen to everything… I especially love acoustic guitar like Eric Clapton / Unplugged, solo cello, chamber music, and female vocals like Emmylou Harris, Shelby Lynn, to Janis Ian… I’m dating myself here.

I personally judge a speaker by how real acoustic guitar music sounds, since I know how loud an acoustic guitar is, and how a pretty good acoustic guitar sounds.

My room is pretty big (about 17” x 20”) and my speakers are on the long wall. The BE718’s have the “snap” that I like, a big soundstage, and they don’t wear me out like some of my other speakers did.

I’ve read comments that the Theta Intrepid amp is underrated, so I may have a really good amp and not even realize it (even with it being a five channel). My pre-amp is a Theta Casanova Pre-Pro, and my CD/DVD is a Theta Compli. Speaker Cables and IC’s are Kubala Sousa Fascination, and PC’s are all Black Sand. When I read the BE718’s like power, that’s all I needed start wondering what a more powerful amp would do for me. My problem is I don’t understand the technical stuff enough to know if a 300 watt amp would be too much for the BE718’s when they’re only rated for up to 200 watts.