Need 25 foot interconnects

I just moved around my equipment so that the rack with the preamp and digital sources is on the left side of the room and the monoblock amps are just behind the left speaker on a short platform on the floor.  I’m using a 15’ RCA interconnect right now, but want to move each monoblock to just behind each speaker — which means I need a longer cable.  The monoblocks are unbalanced RCA input only but my preamp can do balanced XLR or unbalanced RCA out.  Would a balanced XLR cable plus an XLR to RCA adapter work for this setup and be my best option?  Or should I just get a Belden (or similar) 25’ unbalanced RCA interconnect?  Or is there a better option?   

nymarty

I would get Mogami Neglex star quad and some ProFi ends.
You‘ ll be way better off with the MBs at the speaker.

However it is probably best to use that Neglex (or Cardis, Canare, etc) star-quad and fit it with XLRs. Then back at the monoblocks use something like these:

One could start with the XLR cables and use the XLR to RCA adaptors. Neutrik catalog numbers for the more common XLR to female RCA jacks are NA2MPMF (male XLR) and NA2FPMF (female XLT). Better check.
Then if there was no hum you are done. And if there is hum, then look at the isolators like the Jensen??

I usually DIY my own using the Neglex 2534 star quad, in brown to match wood floor colour. All the star-quad design is good stuff… e.x. Canare.

@holmz ,

+1

The best reason to use XLR is that they are less prone to introducing cable artifacts -sound qualities of the cable.

The Jensen are about the best out there and cost only a couple hundred bucks for a pair.

Bob

I have 26' AQ water xlr's I was using and now I need shorter ones. So make sure your gonna keep your gear like this before investing in them! 

@holmz  thanks for that advice.  I also read that Cardas makes an XLR to RCA adapter that I can order with the ground pin floated. Would that do the same thing as the Jensen? Or would I just lose the value of the balanced cable by floating the ground at one end?

with the Jensen, I’m assuming I’d run a long balanced cable out of preamp and then a short IC from Jensen to amp.  Thanks.

Post removed