Nautilus803 with ASW 800, or 802 as main speakers?

For several months I have been contemplating on new HT system.
I consider my self to be educated costumer, so I am investigated few speaker brands, and I decided to go with B&W Nautilus.
I listen to different setups with above speakers and I sent my mind to pair them with Classe processor SSP-30MkII, power amplifiers CAV-180 and Classe CD/DVD-1.
I understand that different room dimensions, cables, and my mood for that day will affect any objectivity of comparison with listening, so I seek some good advice.
I primarily listen to classical music 80% and movies 20%.
My new room dimensions are 20x18.
I looking for balanced sound, and primarily are concern with music quality for above room and setup. Thank you kindly Andy K. E-mail- [email protected]
akuraf643

Showing 1 response by jimwitnauer

A close friend of mine owns the 802's with an asw800. The asw-800 made a pretty nice difference. However, I have heard the 804's, and if the 803's are along the same line, there isn't a subwoofer that will make up for the difference. Personally, I would choose the 802's (hand's down). I listen to jazz and older rock and roll. The 802's will also be more well suited to fill a relatively large room. I also believe there is quite a large difference in the aesthetics and sonic qualities of the enclosures.