My vote for Tweak of the Week

Silver Rock Signature Knob
Price: $485.00

Good vibrations, Bad vibrations it’s all about vibrations!! RAM would like to introduce a new signature level knob developed for the mighty Silver Rock potentiometer. The standard bakelite knob is certainly the best sounding compromise... but now Audio Consulting has taken this aspect of the Silver Rock much further. The new knobs are custom made with beech wood and bronze where the bronze is used as the insert to mount to the stem of the volume pot. The beech wood is coated several times with C37 lacquer for best sound as pointed out by Dieter Ennemoser. How can this make a difference??? Well, hearing is believing as we always say. The sound becomes much more open and free flowing with a nice improvement in resolution. Dynamics are better and overall naturalness is improved. Here is a test for all you Silver Rock owners. Try removing the bakelite knobs and listen. You will be shocked by this! The signature knobs will have an even greater effect…really amazing! The point here is the micro vibrations created by the volume pots and knobs find their way into the delicate signal path and cause degradation (Bad vibrations equal bad sound). With the signature knobs micro vibrations from the C37 concept of wood, bronze and the lacquer itself compensate for the volume pots and provide (Good Vibrations) our ear/brain combination like to hear…way better sound!!Knobs can easily be installed on all versions of the Silver Rock potentiometer

I kid you not ;~)
128x128swampwalker
Nrchy,
Just want to say it was good hearing your system this weekend. The Krell preamp and Purist speaker cables are hooked in. All I can say is WOW! I'll try and get something posted soon. Main reason for writing this is I like the Clydsdale reference to Albert's post.
Instructions:

1. Copy and paste this link to find out the tweak:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=12438&aid=333199&aparam=prods_MurineEar

2. Go to your local merchant

3. Buy it

4. Use it

5. Enjoy the sound, or - get rid of the cheap speakers once you have realized how bad they really are.

All joking aside, this works.

Cheers!
Take a drill thru the middle of the knob thats on there now and in to this threaded hole mount an official nhl hockey puck. Make sure that the hole is centered so you dont get DPL (dreaded puck lobing) effect. Dont use minor league pucks they have a tendency to be lightweight in sound. This will not only increase the value of your pre-amp but it will look sterling. I have some hockey pucks that I bought for .85 a piece I'm selling as DPAD tweaks (discordant attenuator adapter discs) for 1287.56 a piece. And next week Im having a special on WPG (wave propagation guide) pebbles also known as (washed pea gravel) that have been known to really change the sound of a system when used as a filling for CGB (controlled gain bottles) or (clear glass bottles) and placed strategicaly around the room.
For $26,000 + room, board for four days, and round trip air fare from Sweden to you, you can have former Abba bass player Rutger Gunnarsson come and cop a squat in your listening room in each of the four corners of the room. Gunnarsson's turds have been proven to have mirraculous properties of acoustic absorption that has yet to be reproduced by any (other) man-made substance. These properties belie their relatively diminutive size, exhibiting a remarkable NRC rating across the entire acoustic spectrum. A handful of user reviews over on Audioasylum claim the break-in period is lengthy and arduous, with one of the lowest WAF's in all of tweakdom (better send her off to St. Barth while those turds are aging), but in the end all users claim improvements of insurmountable proportions. Audioasylum inmate "4EVRsingle" claims Rutger's stools made a "buttload of difference in my impossibly lively listening room", while inmate "analaudio" tells of how during those first four weeks of burn-in time he became so disgusted by his apparent mistaken investment that he came close to flushing the damn things down the toilet. His story is a happy one though, as he goes on to say that one day, after about five weeks with the fetid piles, he began to notice a smoothness to the sound of his system that he had never thought attainable. From there on in it only got better. "These are the TRUE "Magic Brick's", he concludes! And everyone reports Gunnarsson "is a real nice guy....and he speaks English real good too!"

Yet another great tweak suggestion from the inventor of "The Perch"!!!

Marco
While ABBA's bass player may be a gas, he is strictly "stinky number two" when compared to my animal shelter Persian cat.

When my system gets too bright or the soundstage is dry, skip dumping the litter box and the cat does the rest. Not only in the corners, but under sofas, the dining room table and even under my tube amps.

What does that have to do with ABBA? Our stories are strangely linked.

While searching each cage at the shelter, their Bose Wave radio was softly playing ABBA's, "Take A Chance On Me, " and at that moment, I rescued the white Persian and took her home with me.

So you see, even those of us that cannot afford ABBA's bass player still manage the acoustic miracle by way of an abandoned fur ball and a Bose radio.

I think it's absolutely amazing for one of us to come up with such an obscure tweak, certain that no other audiophile would give it a second thought. Then you read this post at Audiogon and realize how small our planet is.