Musical Fidelity A3CD player

Which are your experiences about this CD player? of course, if you own or have listened one these.
calamasu512c
I have listened to the player twice in the same system and feel that it is a very good player in the price range and worth an audition. You are just out the shipping if you do not care for it. You can check out a pro review at HiFi Choice online for free, they are straight shooters IMO.
My impression of this CD player was that the sound was detailed, clear and light but at the same time lacking in overall dynamics. It was too lean and antiseptic for my taste. Maybe it was my aging ears or my audio equipment but the A3CD did not surpass the sound quality of my old existing CD player. I sent the unit back within the 30 day trial period. Does this mean that this CD player is "awful" as someone else mentioned? Not at all! One cannot argue with the outstanding reviews that the A3CD has received and an in home audition is highly recommended. It cost me about $25.00 in shipping costs for my review and it was money well spent. Maybe your ears and your system will find it to be an outstanding unit.
It is a very transparant, detailed, and in my system very dynamic. As good as any player in the under $1000 new market. If you are looking for lush, warm player this is not for you. Sam Tellig, Wes Phillips, and British Audio press universally give it high marks. However the best sound now is acheived using outboard DAC and just use CDP as a transport.
Hi MEGASAM, I have noticed that you own many Musical Fidelity products! I wonder if you are a Musical Fidelity salesman ??? Anyway thanks for your comment. I'd like to ask you which DAC do you recommend me to get that warm sound and musicality? How much it is? I listen to classical music, mostly large orchestral music (Mahler, Bruckner, Shostakovich symphonies, etc). I also own a Musical Fidelity A300 integrated amp. Thank you.