Musical Fidelity A3.2pre/power vs 308 intergrated

I would be interested if anyone has had a chance to compare these 2. The A3.2pre/power costs about 10% more then the 308 intergrated and is the companies entry level system while the 308 is supposedly their higher end system. I would prefer an intergrated, and if it costs less and sounds better then the pre/power combo, then it is a win win situation for me. However, if the pre/power sounds significantly better, I would consider that route. I have been listening to the A3.2 intergrated and will get a demo A3.2pre/power soon, but getting the chance to audition a 308 might be difficult.
mikerottaa1b

Showing 2 responses by miker

To follow up, I wasn't getting the kind of helpful response from the stereo shop that I was hoping for. I am convinced that the A308 would sound better with more hours burn time but they weren't too keen on working with me on that. Instead I was told my speakers (Dynaudio 1.3 mkII) were the problem and I need to upgrade to B&Ws. Hmmm.... Anyways, I ended up buying a used M3 nu-vista off this site for less than a new A3.2pre/power and what a great decision! I am now getting the sound I was looking for and then some. Thanks for all the help, but enough of the computer stuff, I have some listening to do. :)
That store has already received some good business from me (CD player,phono stuff, misc stuff etc). If I had gone and bought the same amp on-line that I demoed, then your point is well taken. The amps I demoed were NOT what I was looking for and the store didn't have anything else in my price range that interested me. Are you suggesting I should have just bought a multi thousand dollar piece of equipment from them anyways, even if I wasn't happy with it? Would you do that?