Music server feeding Oppo UDP-205

I have set up a music server on a Dell Computer., 8 GB memory, Hard disk WD 5400 RPM with music files.  USD 2.0 out from PC, , USB 2.0 cable, USB 2.0 input on Oppo UDP 205 player.  Run through Oppo DAC and listen through Audeze Headphones.  PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate edition and Foobar2000 software.  I have Oppo UDP USB driver installed on the PC.

When I compare to listen to CD source to Music Server in my headphones - the CD quality is much higher.  What am I missing.  Are there settings in the Foobar2000 software??

Thank you for guidance.
dcaudio

Showing 1 response by flrun

DCaudio - I have a similar setup, my music server is a Intel Nuc with Plex music server connected to my preamp by Hdmi. Music ripped from CD in Flac.

I also have a Oppo 203. My music server, pre, and Oppo are all connected with network cable so I have the option and occasionally play via DLNA. Unfortunately it sounds a little better using DLNA, I say unfortunately because using Plex I can sit and browse my music on my music server on my TV and play what I want. Going through DLNA I don't get the nice interface and info about the bands and music but instead a whole lot more scrolling.

As I learned recently from another member on here I can significantly increase the sound quality from my music server by; getting a Linear Power Supply, and a better quality hdmi cable like Wire world. This would probably put the sound quality on par with DLNA.
And you can also get a Linear ps and better fuse for your Oppo that will make the already excellent sound quality even better.

All that being said I am content with the current sound quality through my music server but may at some point go ahead and get a linear ps and better hdmi cable.

Will