Monstrous power cables

Why?

I’m sitting in my listening chair looking at the over $1K power cable that came with my Running Springs Audio Maxim power conditioner.  The guy I bought the unit from said he auditioned three cables all costing over a grand and liked these the best.

The cables are about the diameter of the cardboard center of paper towels (maybe even thicker) and weighs about five pounds.  It’s absolutely monstrous!  I’ve got a piece of wood supporting it under the receptacle and use other items to support it under the Maxim.

The electricity is carried through my house probably using 14 gauge wire.  What’s the logic using more than that going from the outlet to any component?

I’ve got quite a few power cables of various diameters, the thickest (other than the one connected to the Maxim) being the AC9 s from Pangea.  And to be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever AB’d power cables, having just assumed they do make (at least) some difference.

128x128audiodwebe

@rolox some are here to discuss snake oil’s too. My opinions are my opinions and not those of this forum. Also I am free to post those opinions regardless of your opinions. So enjoy the day. 

@audiodwebe 

You can easily post photos under your UserID… virtual systems. Just create one called power cord.

I attempted to put some photos in virtual system.

BTW, it is Teflon tape.  The bulk is what I don’t like.  It’s out of the lineup and has been replaced by a generic cable costing much, much less.

The model is 1000 from Sunny Cable Technologies and retails for $2700.

I was going to tear it down to see what was underneath but I think I’ll stop and retake the damn thing.  Crazy price!

More to discover