Monos for Quad 989

I'm getting a deal on a pr.of Quad 989s and thought that with the savings, I would increase my investment in amplification. I plan on going mono blocks and my research to date has me narrowing the choices to: Audio Research VM220, Audio Research VS110, Atma-Sphere MA-1 mkii3, or V4 Quick Silver. I am not able to easily preview any of these monos and before I make an investment, I'd like to get feedback from Quad owners who have any of these amps and/or owners of these amps. I'm most interested in your comments about sound, reliability, heat (no kids in the house but we do have a dog), customer service, etc. By the way, I have been a solid state owner for a long time but am looking forward to making the switch to tubes but know nothing about upkeep,etc. Also I am looking to purchase something that will last for years--maybe the last amp I will ever buy!!!
winston50

Showing 1 response by jaffeassc

I use Conrad Johnson Premier 12's with my 63's. They do get warm, but IMO really not an issue. Factory service and support is excellent and with proper care they will probably live longer than you. Also a very nice match with Quads, very musical.