Mcintosh MX170 2-Channel Sound

I am slowly building a home theater system and I am curious if I would need a stereo preamp if I use the Mcintosh MX170 processor.  Speakers are Sonus Faber Amati Traditions with D’Agostino amp.  Is the sound quality for stereo good enough from the MX170 or would I also need a preamp when listening to music?

mobiusmu
OP you're asking question you need to answer. Is the sound good enough for you? Does it sound good to you? Do you want to make it better for a reason or is money just burning a hole in your pocket? :-)

D' Agostino amp? How many channels are you currently running?
Does your Mac have a "Pure Stereo" selection?

Regards
I read up on your MX170. It doesn't say a WORD about two channel playback.. LOL I'm not quit understanding that BUT that is Mac.. I have a lot of Mac stuff.. Play through and a good Stereo Preamp will go a long ways..

Stick with Mac.. They just work together well.. C220-2700 or C47-52

Enjoy..
I have the D’Agostino classic 3 and it is powering the Amati’s and the Vox center channel.  Long term my plan is to get monoblocks for the Amati’s and have the classic 3 power the Vox and the rears.

I do not own the Mac yet, I have a Yamaha CX-A5100 and it needs to be upgraded.  So I was thinking about the MX170, but was also considering the Audio Research Ref6 preamp and keep the Yamaha for movies.  I am trying to get them both for a home demo so I can decide if the Audio Research really sounds that much better, if not then I will go with the Mac.  
My question was not very clear at all, sorry about that.  I was basically asking if I should get a stereo preamp to go with my Yamaha processor or skip the preamp and just get a much better processor (MX-170).  
Funny OP I have 2 MX110z, MX120 and a MX121. My preferred is the MX120, the only reason is the remote. The 110z will just whip the pants off in any of the 2 channel stuff. The 120 though.. a serious 2 channel stereo, it’s ALL Mac.. I’ve found a couple for under 1K.. C2500 and their C11-22 are pretty nice too.. Its just the remote thing.. BIG C20 fan here too.. Samra Touch..

2 speakers C2500
3 speakers MX120
more than 3 speakers MX121

I can take a 3.XX system, after 3 main speakers I get all mixed up.. AND I don’t watch HT UNLESS, the wife wants to hear a live recorded concert or something..

Besides I’m a tonnage guy when it comes to speakers.. BIGGER is better.. 3 speakers is 3/4 of a US ton 1500 lbs.  Add MB columns and subs, couple of tons pretty easy..

I'm trying to repurpose a pair of 12 CF 300 lb subs columns now into spring bass traps.. Maybe I'll just hang BASS sucking dingle berries inside..???

Regards