McIntosh MC611and MC1.25KW-how do they sound compared to 601's and 1.2KW

Long time selling and buying on Agon but first time positing.  Just sold my 1201's and was planning to upgrade to the 611's or the 1.25KW's. However, I am on hold now as I have heard from two sources that McIntosh has "re-voiced" the amps.  Both guys felt the high end was hard and difficult to listen to at anything above a whisper. Both guys sold their 1.25KW's within weeks. Does anyone have any experience either comparing these new amps to their predecessors and/or with similar mono blocks?

I really enjoyed the 1201's with my speakers. Just decided to change as we were moving and had to crate them up anyway. 

I have DynAudio C4 Platinum Confidence speakers, McIntosh C1100 pre. Linn TT with the full boat Linn treatment, etc. 

Any advice or insight would be appreciated. 
spl1992
after next 4 months they sound even better, it seems they require long burn in time but it is worth to wait for final result... thank you MC!!!! thank you!!!!
Thank you for the very positive report.  So many audiophiles really “don’t get” McIntosh and their house sound.   I love my McIntosh equipment, and only wish I had indulged much earlier in my audiophile life with this brand.  I bet I would have saved tens of thousands over the years.   Best of luck with your system and I hope it keeps you smiling. 

Small update to my last post.

I still own MC1.25s with C1100 but I started to use NOS tubes in 202. Currently Marconi and Sylvania.

Huge upgrade in all aspects.

Generally it is worth to upgrade each tube MC with NOS replacements. 
Whats seems to be pretty obvious take me some time to implement in my rig (the C1100 sounds great with it own). 

I also found that DCS Rossini perfectly fits with this combo. You will not be disapointed. Rossini caused my turntable become nice looking passive equipment :) It is so good.

Excelent set.