Mcintosh - Love Em' or Hate Em' ......Why?

I have owned new and old Mcintosh and loved my experiences with the product. Right now I have a MC-162 in my system and it sounds great! Very transparent and not too anylitical or fatiguing. It seems that everyone has such strong opinions about different Mcintosh products good and bad. I have had all positive experiences. I would like for people to share their opinions and experiences good and bad.
Ag insider logo xs@2xsquiddy

Showing 3 responses by mint604

The C-22 tube preamp and the Mc 275 are the most beautiful components ever made BUT are the worst sounding components ever made. Made for "look-o-philes"
I have owned a dozen mint Mac C22 and Mc75. I could not stand to hear over 60 seconds of these. Pure noise, no music. The worst of the worst. These were made for photos in decorating magazines. Luckily I sold them all to overseas buyers who pay top dollar for these hissing room warmers.
I kept buying tube Mac to find out what all the big "stink" from tube freaks about these sounding fantastic. It actually took 12 Mac tube items to find out the truth,it wqs ALL terrable. ALL Mac is owned by nearly deaf morons like Chaldnliz, every long term user of Mac tube gear that I have met wears hearing aids. Chaldniz SYSTEM (click it on) must be the worst sounding in the world, only an idiot would spend hard earned money the brands he listens to, he must have believed all the idiots that sold him his crud.