Mcintosh Amps w/ B&W 801'S

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THOSE WHO HAVE HEARD MAC AMPS W/801'S. I want to purchase the n801's. i need big power 600 watts plus per side. i may even vertical bi-amp. i have been learning about mac stuff recently. i currently have balanced audio cd, ss pre, and monos. please let me know your experiences. thanks
avnut

Showing 1 response by rockbox

Obviously you have a lot of money on your hands, so I would skip the Macs all together. I've heard the 801 matched with krells 600c and it sounded wonderful. It was in a large 20x35 room and the room still seemed too small. These speakers were also meant to be played loud and do not sound that great played soft. Either way, I have never heard of a hi-end dealer that didn't allow in home demo's. I would not buy from them, because obviously they are trying to trap you. Also, most dealers will give you at least 15-20% off when you spend this kind of money. Dealers I deal with will give you 15% right off the bat on $1000 gear. There is approximately 30-45% margin on this stuff so you should be able to save yourself a few thousand bucks.