MC352 into varying-load speaker?

Subject says it all... how well does the autoformer handle a nominal 4 ohm speaker which is not flat? I can't seem to get a good understanding of this situation with my limited technical knowledge of this sort of thing.

Speakers are Usher 8871 in a large space. They are rated at 90db, 4 ohms but seem to be much hungrier. I onced owned a Mac 6500 (200 w into 4 ohms) that while sounding great did not satisfy with classical music owing to power limitations.
kck

Showing 1 response by crandallmark

I have read this complete thread and am very intersted as I also own a 352. I have done my own experiments with a couple of signal generators and an oscilloscope. Simply, what I found was amazing. The waveform or beat harmonics of the two signal generators did not change all the way up to where it was so loud that the low frequencys shook the walls. The various wave forms varied only in amplitude and never in shape. The 352 did not change its face, not one bit. Probably not to good on the speakers but overall a good experiment. (I wore hearing protection) Last but not least, if there is ever a tornado around here, I am running to hold on to the Mc. That puppy wont budge!

-Mark