mbl 6011d or arc ref 3 or dartzeel preamp?

hi,

I am looking for a balanced preamp for my system. I have narrowed it down to the dartzeel preamp, the mbl6011d or arc ref 3. The dartzeel preamp would mate best with the dartzeel amp that I have but am not positive I would keep the dartzeel amp. I am using emm labs dac and transport for digital and evolution acoustic speaker mm2 (with powered woofer). The speakers are definitely staying. the digital is stayin unless I cannot afford to keep everything.

If I changed my amplifier, I would likely stay with a solid state amplifier perhaps the mbl amplifier. I might consider a hybrid like the lamm 1.2

I have only seen scant reviews of the mbl 6011d and know a few people here love it but want to know has anyone compared it to the arc 3 or dartzeel?

thanks

mike

radioheadokplayer

Showing 1 response by tboooe

One thing to consider is that the MBL is designed as single ended. In order to get balanced output, you have to purchase an additional "board". FWIW I have heard from a former employee of MBL that it sounds best single ended. That being said, I have owned the Ref3 and now own the MBL 5011 pre and prefer the 5011. I thought the 5011 did a better job of just presenting the music in a very realistic and satisfying manner. I am not sure what the engineers at MBL are doing but it seems they have a great grasp of how reproduced music should sound.