Matching the sensitivity of two amps for bi-amping

Hello,
I want to try bi-amping of my speakers Von Schweikert 4 Ohms, 96 dB sensitivity. I have now a preamp Conrad Johnson Premier 17 LS and a pair of Audio Note tube amplifiers. The input sensitivity of the amplifiers is 60 mV @ 0 dB. I would like to buy a solid state amplifier (or two monoblocks) to drive the low end of the speakers. I am almost sure that the input sensitivity will not exactly match those of the Audionotes. Is it difficult to adjust? I won't use external crossovers, because I don't want to touch the speakers for bypassing the filters. What should be done? Tnx in advance and have a nice audio-time.
nikmilkov

Showing 1 response by zd542

You're just going to spend a lot of time and money on something you probably won't be happy with, for 2 reasons. First is that you'll hear the 2 different amps quite clearly. It will sound like 2 different systems patched together. Second, is you are almost certainty going to have to use an external active xover.

The only practical way to biamp is to use 2 stereo amps or 1 4 channel amp, and do it vertically.