Marantz SR8002 as PRE & B&K REF 200.7

Hello experts

My current HT setup has a Marantz SR8002 receiver (125W per channel) powering Mythos ST fronts, Mythos 10 center and Mythos Two for rears. I would like to get an opinion if adding a B&K ref 200.7 amp will
1. Improve the quality of sound (music but mainly movies)?
2. Is is worth the investment?
3. If there is a better amp than B&k.
I have seen a similar thread but with both the receiver (150W/Channel) and amp being B&K. I appreciate if anyone can provide feedback on the proposed combination.

Thanks
chandruparsa

Showing 1 response by cyclist1

I have a similar setup. I'm running the Marantz SR8002 as a processor and to drive my center and surround speakers. I use a B&K Reference 200.2 to run the front speakers. My speakers are Martin Logan Vista for the fronts, Motif for the center, the surrounds are Vignettes, and a Grotto sub. The Marantz does not run the 4 ohm Vista speakers well. The B&K amp sound is warm and has solid bass on the Vistas, and it can play the Vistas very loud. I wanted to improve my two channel music playback by adding the amp and the B&K achieved some big improvements. I don't know if you would get much benefit out of the multi-channel B&K to run home theater playback. The Marantz is actually really good at home theater.