Marantz SR5008 vs Cambridge Audio AZUR 650R

Hi...I just purchased a pair of Anthony Gallo reference 3.5's. I also purchased a Reference 3 SA amp to drive the 3.5's. In addition, I purchased the TR-1 sub and strada 2 centers and rear speakers. I am in a fix between the Marantz SR5008 (more bells and whistles, more modern) versus the older Cambridge Audio AZUR 650R. Any thoughts about what I ought to go in for would be much appreciated.
rohsal

Showing 3 responses by rohsal

Thanks, so much Dopogue!

I'm using the Gallo SA amp just to drive the Reference 3.5's. I'm just confused as far as the choice between the Marantz SR5008 and Cambridge Audio AZUR 650R (Model launched 4 years ago???) are concerned. Would it be better to go for something more modern with better bells/whistles, considering the setup I'll have or go for something not as well connected, but a solid performer all the same?
My mistake. I meant I'm using the Reg 3A to drive the second voice could on the 3.5s, but will use the receiver to drive 5.1 channels. Just wanted inputs on which receiver would be a better bet. Thanks so much though.
Thanks for the advice soix. Yes, I will be doing a lot of 2 channel listening for music.