Magnepan Speakers - Ribbon Replacement

Is it true that the ribbons in Magnepan speakers require replacement every few years ? Anyone care to comment ?
erider
I have blown several tweeters during the years. My reason for damaged tweeters is ss amp clipping. Since I have been using larger mono tube amps never blown any tweeters.
I just ordered a new tweeter for one of my MG2.6's. $100.
Magnepan ships these in a PVC tube. You send them the old core. If you don't return the core, they charge you $242.
I also ordered the re-wire kit. They won't ship the glue: (3M 30-NF)in the winter months,so I ordered a quart of it on Shopping.com $24.95 with shipping. If anyone has any input about the re-glueing process, I would appreciate it.
1960ac
1960ac check the Planner Asylum. there is some info in the archives about the process and Magnepan can be very helpful with info. Some have made a jig up and layed the wire onto the jig in a mirror image of the panel.
Magnepan ribbons only have a reputation for "blowing out" if they are driven with amplification not up to dealing with a load of 4 ohms that is 85db (in)efficient. In twenty years of using Magnepan loudspeakers (SMGa, MGI, MGIII, MGIIIA, MG3.6R) I have never had a ribbon go. The SMGa and MGI did not have a ribbon tweeter. A few fuses maybe but not ribbons. The rather exposed ribbon on the 3 series is very sensitive to how it is protected when the speaker is boxed, shipped, moved etc.
I have had a pair of mg12's for 5 years and I am second owner with no problems (use mf a3 int. amp.). I have not ever had any reason to turn the volume up half way. What I love most about these speakers is how low I can play them and still hear every musical detail in good recordings. Just try doing that with box speakers at the same price point.