Mac Mini vs. Macbook Pro as a server

Hi, I have a Mac Mini and have been trying different linear power supplies. Haven't come across a great one yet. At RMAF, people were talking about better performance from a Mac Book Pro (especially running under battery) even without an SSD. Assuming both the Mac Mini and the Mac Book pro have similar i7 chip and internal hard drive and RAM, does any one know of any advantages of one over the other? Thanks.
ldworet

Showing 1 response by buconero117

In the 6Moons reviews this month there is a discussion of the mac mini use as a server. The author pointed out that one of the keys to getting great performance is have lots of memory, say 8GB. So, your Pro should have at least the 8GB to give you a good comparison. Noted is that the processor takes second place in getting great sound. A minus of the Pro is that if has an optical drive which can add jitter to the DAC. So, with your SSD it would be difficult to tell if the larger memory or SSD drive would be better. I don't the 'battery is better' would make that much difference. Software can edge out the battery issue.