Lumin upgrade - built-in or separate DAC?

I've got the rest of my system sounding nice enough and since I mostly use my NAS or stream Tidal nowadays, I want to upgrade my digital front end from a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ and Bluesound Node 2 (used as a streamer only) to something better. My local audio store says I will notice a huge improvement if I upgrade the streamer only and continue to use my current (Mytek) DAC. He suggested going with the Lumin U1 mini and a Sbooster linear power supply. I am already using a Sbooster for my DAC and have a Shunyata power cord on my Node 2. 

Does anyone have experience going from separate streamer and separate DAC to a combined unit? 
My thought is that if I have an "all in one" streamer/DAC, I can get rid of having to use 2 units that need cables to connect and less wires/connection in the signal path and ultimately better sound.

Here's what I'm considering (in no particular order):

*Save $ for about a year to buy the Lumin X1
*Buy a used Lumin S1
*Buy the full size Lumin U1 and use my current Mytek DAC
*Buy the Lumin U1 mini, another Sbooster and use my current Mytek DAC.

The rest of the system is pretty good (in my humble opinion). I have all the other pre-requisites such as good speakers, amp, speaker cables, dedicated lines with 10ga wiring, digital cable, interconnects. The other items I'm working on is room treatment and making stands to get the speakers right at ear level. 

veerossi
@thewolfaudio  I've heard nice things about your gear but I'm pretty sure manufacturers aren't supposed to use this board to simply advertise their products. I'll let the admins weigh in.  Perhaps it is a free for all these days.
If you can use a good AES cable with your dac and the SQ is a priority, have a listen to Emm Labs ns1. Excellent streamer.
I don't think I've advertised my products at all. It was stated above that info on our products is scarce. I provided a few links but no context, no mention of any specific product. I've not weighed in on the difference between our products and another's, I'll let Wolf owners do that.
I appreciate the videos you sent. I found a few before your post, but didn’t see a few of the others. I ended up going with the S1, but would love to do a comparison at some point with the Wolf once this Covid thing [hopefully] gets under control. 
Just an update: The Lumin S1 sounds splendid! I have a much taller and wider soundstage, speakers disappear even more than before and quieter noise floor. I'm all set and the Lumin app works great. Waiting for a Shunyata Alpha digital power cord. I was wondering if you guys might have a suggestion for different interconnects? I currently have Cardas Golden Presence (RCA's). Anyone else have any interconnects you really like? These are all I've owned, so I'm not sure how they compare.