LTA micro zotl preamp

For all you working class audiophiles! Listen to me carefully. The LTA micro zotl pre amp is a giant killer! Just got it and with stock tubes it has great promise . Great dynamics, presence and resolution! You don’t need to spend $30k to get a decent preamp! I’m not kidding! Enjoy the music!😊
kw6

Showing 2 responses by br3098

kw6, How would you compare the sound of the microzotl to the MZ2?

I ask because I purchased an MZ2 last year, for my den.  And while the unit is very quiet it does not compare, soundwise, to my Radu Tarta/Shiny Eyes 41PL DHT preamp.  Admittedly, I'm a SET guy and rediscovering DHT preamps has really made a huge performance improvement.  But based on the great reviews I was expecting a little more from the MZ2.

Hence my question.
kw6, I think that we are getting mixed up with naming. Admittedly, LTA does not make it easy.  I assume that you just purchased the new micro ZOTL preamp.  I owned the older MZ2 unit, which was an integrated amp but many guys used it as a preamp.  I was asking you to compare the two, if possible.

While I enjoyed the MZ2 and it was very quiet, I found the midrange to be somewhat sterile and dry compared to my current DHT preamp.  I have no complaints about the DHT pre except that it does get a little noisy when using very low power SET amps, such as those I own that are powered by a single 71A or 45 tube.