Lore vs Vandersteen ICi vs Ohm Walsh Talls

I have read most of the discussion on AG and even Audio Asylym about two of these speakers. However, Vandersteen 1Ci is an upgrade model with a new tweeter and crossover. The three speakers are approximately in same price range, except the Lore which is less at $1000.

I have heard much about the Lore speakers, but there size makes them a bit overbearing for a 14X12 room, unlike the Vandy's and Walsh Talls.

I would appreciate comments about these three speakers system. Never got a response to a few technical questions from either Vandersteen or Ohm-Walsh. Thank you
sunnyjim

Showing 2 responses by zd542

I've heard good things about both the Lore and Ohm, but don't have enough experience with either to comment on them. I've owned the 1's myself. You can't go wrong with them. They easily beat anything I've heard any where near their price. (Understand that I haven't heard every speaker and that's just my opinion.) I would call Vandersteen with any questions. He's very good about taking calls from customers. If he starts yelling at you, pay no attention to it. He yells at everyone. (I know first hand)
Sunnyjim,

I think I gave you the wrong idea in my first post. When I said that Vandersteen yells at everyone, I didn't mean that he was a bad guy, or anything like that. Most of the time, I think he's just kidding around. At some point, he usually starts laughing. I'm not trying to make any excuses. I just don't want you to not consider a really good pair of speakers just because of anything I said.

As far as the setup instructions goes, he's right. Its very important you follow them for best results. If you didn't go through it, theres a formula you use to set properly set the back tilt. You take some measurements on where the speakers are in relation to your listening chair and put the results into the formula. Thats how you find out how much back tilt you need.