Looking for loudspeakers under $4,000

I am intersted in auditioning loudspeakers witha cost at or below $4,000 (new, not used). Associated equipment: Wadia 850 CD player, Linn Klout power amp. Room size 18 x 26 x 10. Music: mostly accoustic jazz. Current speakers: Magneplanar 3.6 R's: Wife can't live with them; I want to continue living with wife. Ideally, I would like to match the 3.6 R's sound, with "better" low bass. Any suggestions? Thanks for your thoughts.
richmonk019c
I assume detail and imaging are important since you are a mag fan. The audio physic tempo III is around 3000 ish, and has tremendous detail and imaging. It is not that powerful in the bass. I like the joseph audio speakers in this arena as well.
If you're going to heard the Talon Khite, check out the RBH 1044-SE. It is under $2k per pair. I wouldn't pay the extra for the Khite, or any Talon product. (Sorry to disappoint or offend any Talon lovers). Talon's products, IMO, are overpriced, and overhyped by their marketing literature. I love the Maggie 3.6r's and am strongly considering buying a pair, if even for a second system. I'd like to hear the new 20's first though. An alternative to selling the 3.6's may be to mark the spots on the floor where they sound best in your room, but then slide them back right up to within a foot or less from the wall behind them, and only pull them out for critical listening. Perhaps that would improve the wife acceptance factor. If you decide to sell them, I may be your buyer.
Kthomas, Sorry that I misled you. I own the Linn Klout, not the Klimax. The Klimax's are $20,000, the Klouts are $4200 ( I bought mine used for $2,000. The Wadia 850 I purcahsed for $3500 from Great Northern Sound (modified by Steve Huntley). Since my first question, I have listend breifly to some Martin Logan Scenarios, and I liked what I heard. Any comments on the Martin Logans?
re: martin-logans, i like their cls, but no bass, & they don't get loud. i also like their top-line stuff (but haven't heard their latest $10k prodigy). i really don't care at *all* for their other products - cheap woofers=n-crossovers, & you can tell it by listening. once again, check out those ugly newform research r645's or nhb645's... ;~) doug
re: martin-logans, i like their cls, but no bass, & they don't get loud. i also like their top-line stuff (but haven't heard their latest $10k prodigy). i really don't care at *all* for their other products - cheap woofers=n-crossovers, & you can tell it by listening. once again, check out those ugly newform research r645's or nhb645's... ;~) doug