Looking For Candidates For That Mythical 6922 Tube

I have spent a bit of time looking at 6922 tubes for a PS Audio BHK 250 Signature. I currently have two tubes that work relatively well, but really are not exactly what I need. 

So far it has been a pair of Siemens 6922 Gold Pin branded under RCA. Or a pair of Telefunken 6922. 

The Siemens have nice space, and a rich mid band. However the top end does not have the clarity and energy I would like. The Telefunken are more extended, but are lean in the upper mids, and have a bit of a threadbare feel. 

I have used Amperex Bugle Boy Holland and Orange Globe. I have tried some tubes from GE, Sylvania, Tungsram, and new Gold Lion. Nothing else betters the two I am currently using. 

Anyone have any recommendations that strike a balance between the Siemens and the Telefunken? I have read a bit about the Reflektor 6N23P with silver shield from 1975 as being a desirable tube. Any thoughts?

Any info you can pass along would be appreciated. 
neonknight
If you have never tried the Russian 6h23n /6n23p Rocket logo Voshkod 
 then you are really missing an opportunity.
 They are cheap and sound wonderful ! I have pretty much gone through them all --Bugle Boys 6dj8s on up the line through most all 6922s /7308s
 Siemens , Amperex ,Telefunkens , JJs, Phillips, Mullards you name it .
Voskhod 6h23n beat them all!!!
So please don't throw me out of hear )))) But seriously , I ask , If you have not tried a pair please do . Best years are early to mid 70s . Single wire post ( very important )

+2 on the Matsushita/National 7DJ8 .  I've been touting this tube on here for many years.  So much so, that Kevin is getting very low on stock and unfortunately, the prices have gone up.

IMHO, one of the best 6DJ8/6922/7308 family, (or equivalent) of tubes ever.
I know what Neonknight means but I don't agree completely.
But some thoughts on this topic:
I nearly had all of these tubes mentioned in the thread; I used them in my Audio Research both LS2 and LS7 and in a German pre by the manufacturer Raphael Audio (cathode follower).
In the Raphael Tesla E88CC work pretty well as do Tesla PCC88/7DJ8 (I could not hear any difference between E88CC and 7DJ8). They sound elegant with no emphasis on the upper or lower frequency band. All in all, the tube(s) made me happy, no further reason for tube rolling.
But when I put theTesla (old production, blue and yellow label) into both my AR linestages, I was heavily disappointed. I missed the air and liquidity I was used to, and the sparkling highs as well. Telefunken 7DJ8 did a much better job, Philips (Dutch production, stainless steel getter) are at the same level, the latter a tad more intimate and a tad less dry.
But there was one tube that outperformed them all: The Tungsram 7DJ8. There is also a Tungsram 6922 on the market some guys praise highly, but I have to admit I did not buy them, way too expensive.
And another tube that delivered sheer bliss in the first two positions of my AR LS7: The Tungsram 7ES8/PCC189. These delivered more punch, greater dynamics and authority with any lack of clarity and detail.
I do not know how these work in other preamps, but they fit my needs exactly.
Don't be shy to buy these tubes, I think they are cheaper in Europe, especially here in Germany, but I am not shure.

Regards,
Jan
Post removed