looking for an integrated amp in the $1500 range

I need to downsize and will be selling my Aragon 4004 MKII and AVA Fet Valve Hybrid SL Preamplifier with Silver Face Plate and MM Phono.

The rest of system is Burchardt s 400 m1’s, Marantz TT 15s1, Rega M3 MM phono amp, Gustard x16 DAC. Wiim pro streamer. Sounds great mid to high level volume. Lower volume not so much so I want that quality at lower volume if possible. I’m considering Schitt RAGNAROK basic model or Rogue Sphinx 3. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these or other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

andrake

@stereo5 Wrote:

If you want to waste your money, buy an amp.  If you want to solve your problem, get higher efficiency (93db and higher) speakers.  Buying a bigger or more powerful amp will NOT help low level listening. 

I agree! 😎

Mike

I'm very pleased with my Rogue Sphinx...Plenty of power, all analog of course. Reasonable price. 

I have always adored the sound of my Musical Fidelity A1 (2008) version Class A integrated.  But it does run HOT.

I listen with Reference 3A DeCapo I speakers, 90 db and no crossover, the midwoofer rolls off naturally so just a high pass cap on the tweeter.

If the new $1600 msrp Musical Fidelity A1 sounds as good as my 2008 version, I think you would love it.