Looking for a phono stage with pleasing coloration

I have recently completely overhauled my analog front end. I have gone from a Marantz TTS TT-15S1 with a Clearaudio Charisma to a Rega Planar 8 with a Soundsmith Paua II cartridge. There have been definite improvements; improvements in dynamics, resolution, and spatial separation.  Phono stage is currently a Tavish Adagio running into a Prima Luna Evo 300 preamp and Parasound JC 5 amp; speakers are Monitor Audio PL 100 II. I’m overall pleased with the system but I find it a little too modern sounding; instrument separation, and mid and low bass are a tad too tight and disciplined. While the Paua generally outclasses the Charisma; I preferred the tonality of the Charisma. Maybe it’s because the Charisma has a wooden body but it has more of a warmth and vintage coloration to its tonality that I like.

I would like to make change to Phono stage to address these issues, so looking for recommendations on a phono stage that has a bit more of a vintage coloration, body, warmth, slightly looser bass and low noise floor and retains good top end extension. I currently have the PS Audio Stellar phono on order for a home trial but every review I have read has praised it for its neutrality but what I really want is added coloration that I find pleasing.  I guess I can try tube rolling the Adagio but I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of trying to find low microphonic NOS tubes. Finally I want to stay under $3K and I’m open to vintage phono preamps (but I don’t want to sacrifice dynamics and sound stage).

Ag insider logo xs@2xarize84
Hagerman Trumpet MC is your guy. Beautiful warm open sound quality without going too overboard. In my system it competes with the $14K VAC Renaissance SE in musicality where nothing else can. And it only costs $1K new. It also has excellent loading and gain options - with all loading settings equally available at all gain levels. 
To the OP: The discontinued Sutherland PhD. It was the best sounding preamp I ever had and was the perfect combination of solid state  speed/punch and vacuum tube depth/realism. The only piece of gear I regret selling. 
@mulveling 
Sounds like the Hagerman Trumpet MC met or exceeded your expectations .
Could you compare it to the Rogue and Herron preamps that you own. The primary cost saving appears to be in the power supply. 
Is there anything missing?
Like the OP I'm a big fan of full and warm - a real baby grand in my living room :)

@mulveling 
Sounds like the Hagerman Trumpet MC met or exceeded your expectations .
Could you compare it to the Rogue and Herron preamps that you own. The primary cost saving appears to be in the power supply.
Is there anything missing?
Like the OP I'm a big fan of full and warm - a real baby grand in my living room :)
@dconsmack 
I would also recommend the Sutherland PHD highly. I don't have  extensive comparisons (the integrated in my Luxman, a Parks audio Puffin & Musical fidelity LX-LPS) but it is a big step up from these I've owned.
What other phono preamps have you compered the PHD to?
I am tempted to try a warm tube preamp to get a sense of that sound signature.