Looking for a good system for my apartment. Any advise?

I have a medium sized living room. Any ideas for this fledgling audiophile?
I'm looking for a decent turn table, amp, speakers and a cd player. Money IS an object so if there is anything you can recommend that won't break the bank but still offer a nice sonic experience (We love classical, jazz and the Grateful Dead).
Thank you.
fojomo
fojomo
Regarding cables:

You will need a digital coax between CXC and DAC. I would go with 1.5 meter. 
You will need speaker cables. I would go with the Canare 4s11.
I believe the Rega TT comes with cabeling from tonearm to phonostage.

mesch,

Thanks for your input on this!

So I just need (1) 1.5 meter dig coax for the CXC and DAC? Can you recommend a good brand for this guy?

For the speakers, you recommend the Canara 4S11. Looks like they are sold as "singles" vs "in pairs". So thats fine.

Yes, the Rega TT comes w/built in cabeling. 

@fojomo, if your setup is directly between your speakers, 8-10 feet is usually good for speaker cables. I like the locking bananas that blue jeans cold welds to their cables.  Highly recommend them.  I had these at one point!

Signal Cable Silver Resolution is a step up.  May want to check them out as well.  I had these after the blue jeans.

I can recommend Cullen Cables as well.  My set-up uses all Cullen Cable powercords and Analysis Plus cables.

I’d take the Ragnarok!  The headphone amp is really great.  Later when you get some cans, the Ragnarok will power any headphones really well.  If you get the fully loaded Ragnarok, it comes with a dac, phono stage, headphone amp...  covers many bases.  They offer a 15 day trial as well.  
I believe the Canare speaker cable is one of the best buys in audio. The locking bananas would be nice.

Check out the Blue jeans Cable site. They sell the Canare speaker cable and Belden digital coax.  Both are sold by the foot. It is generally recommended that the digital coax should be 1.5 meter so I would go with 5ft. You might check out digital cable threads on this forum. The Belden cable is so inexpensive it could easily be replaced later. I would not worry about cables too much until you have spent time getting familiar with your system. Always an opportunity to make adjustments at that time.

I would also check out the Signal cable and Cullen cable sites recommended by b_limo. They make a highly regarded cable for the money. 

I have purchased many of my cables used. 50% or less of retail.