Looking for a good 1000- 2000 CD player

I am in the market for a CD player in the $1000-$2000 price range to compliment my current system:

•Sonus Faber Concertino speakers
•Sim Audio Moon i-5 integrated amp
•Cardas Golden Cross interconnect
•DH Labs speaker cable
•NHT SW3P subwoofer

I am using a Musical Fidelity Electra E60 CD player with the previously mentioned setup and am looking to upgrade to a player that will hopefully offer more resolution and refinement while maintaining a degree of warmth. My tastes tend toward a system that is involving and emotional. I don't like systems that sound overly analytical and dry.

I have not auditioned any players yet, but am considering the Audio Analogue Paganini and Maestro, and also the Myryad MC100 and MCD500.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I value fellow consumer opinion over professional reviews.

Thanks,
Dean Yamasaki
gunbei

Showing 6 responses by gunbei

I'm sorry forum members I goofed. I clicked only once to submit this post, but I refreshed twice and that seemed to have created two extra posts. I apologize.
Thanks for the info. I'll look into those units! Hey, the internet makes it so easy.
Thank you so much forum members for the fantastic advice! All your ideas have got me thinking of the possible variations that might fill the bill.

I realize much of the magic people experience with their systems has to do with synergism between components. I may try getting a nice DAC first. But the idea of getting a great SACD player like the Sony SCD777ES or going to some of the higher end redbook players people have mentioned here has got me excited too.

I've tried to give everyone 5 stars for their posts, but for some reason the feedback window is giving everyone 2s. I just wanted to make sure everyone's input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dean
Joe, do you think one of Monarchy Audio's Anti-Jitter devices would be a good match with the Bel Canto?
Joe and Megasam. Once tax time is over, this may be the way I go. I may first upgrade to the Bel Canto and relegate my current player to transport status. Then, evetually upgrade to a used Theta Data Basic or equivalent. Thanks so much for your input.
Thanks everyone for the great advice! I have a much clearer idea of what I'm gonna be doing with my system now. Cheers!