Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

@borisj 

The Linlai Global Elite E-6SN7 are 56mm in diameter, or  2 3/16". Measure from center of socket outward half the distance of either those two measurements leaving enough clearance for neighboring 6SN7. I believe that clearance to be .5mm or .65mm

Important note: also keep in mind your top plate clearance, the chassis.

And hopefully someone will chime in with some Cary SLP-98 experience. 

@borisj, my bad.

Recommended clearance between both valves 1cm or 10mm or roughly 3/8"

Nice, big old thread! I love it. 

I just received a pair of the Linlai Elite 6sn7s.  I'm one hour into them; they sound spectacular. I was pretty shocked so I landed here.  If these never got better from break-in I'd still be happy. What a tube!

These are so confusing.

I know some people are saying the Global and Elite are different. 

seems like the first ones people were using were just the “Elite” and they loved them. Not sure which ones to buy, what a mess. 

Also just to throw another wrench into all of this.......

Here is an example of a vertical Linlai with the wrong "base" bought from Grant.  I thought the ones with this base were only the E-6SN7 non Global's? 

I think Linlai is screwing us.