Let's talk power cords

Does a upgrade really make a difference over a stock cord?
128x128thirsty93
Atmasphere
If there even was directional wire, power cable manufacturers would be working really hard to build cables from non-directional wire since it would sound better.

As I opined previously, I’m not so sure Atmasphere completely comprehends what “directionality” refers to. Judging by his own words I’d say he doesn’t. No offense.  Audioquest controls directionality for not only their cables and interconnects but also their power cords. It’s not rocket science. 🚀 By controlling directionality the customer is assured of the best sound. All that is required is for the manufacturer to be AWARE of the issue and to control the manufacturing process accordingly. In fact the customer doesn’t even have to be aware there is such a thing as directionality. This is not some new tangled fad. Wire directionality has been known (by those who know 😀) for going on 20 years, which if I recall was the period of time Rip Van Winkle was asleep. 😴

Whoa! Look at me. I just finished saying don’t feed the Uber Skeptics. My bad.

have a wonderful day!
Post removed 
Post removed 
to Willemj,
correct me if i'm wrong but have been you going on about after market power cords without having tried ANY in your system ("Do you think I am that mad?")? Are you saying you have no experience with after market cords?  I'm going with that that's not possible because anybody that expresses so vehement an opinion without actually having listened to a power cord or two is simply a boob. You go on about the science but why not try a little science experiment of your own and listen to a few cords and THEN express an opinion. At  least it will be informed. You might even learn something. From my vast experience listening to a great number of power cords, there is NO doubt they have anywhere from no affect to a minor to a profound affect on the sound quality. Do you think that everyone who purchases after market power cords is naive or stupid or deaf but you, who have never listened to an after market cord know that they don't affect the sound? Stop wasting everyone's time with an uninformed opinion. Or I could give you an opinion and waste your time  about a book i never read.
   Regards, Charles

Post removed