LAMM LL2 vs. Hovland preamp

Hey! Can anyone comment on these two choices of preamps? I'm looking at either a LAMM LL2 line stage and something else for phono or a Hovland for phono/line.

associated gear: acoustat monitor 4 w/ servo amps (obviously not balanced), 777es (not balanced), oracle mkI w/ glider tt.

other recs appreciated as well.

thanks in advance.
kublakhan

Showing 2 responses by mp10019

Hello,
Yes, the Lamm L1 is an amazing line stage pre-amp as well, the CAT Ultimate or Signature SL1 for phone stage is truly amazing.I would use both, one for phone and one for line stage.
In my opinion, the Lamm L2 is amazing. I only auditioned the Lamm L2 once, everything about the L2 was just incredible I would say the BEST so far. From the highs to the lows " JUST INCREDIBLE". The soundstage was huge,every note in the music was hear. In Italy, they say in order for food to taste great, you need to prepare it with love.This Lamm L2 was difinitely made with love, "some serious love".
Hello Kublakhan,
I think that the Lamm LL2 has a bit more base than the Lamm L1. If you find the Lamm L1 used or new I would buy the L1.
(What ever you do, "DO NOT AUDITION" the L2 PreAmplifier, you will be selling all your audio equipment to buy the L2 it is that amazing).
There is a dealer in New York, His name is David. His e-mail address is:DamokaNYC @ aol He is a great guy and can be trusted 200%.