KT 150 Amp Options

It is tax return season, which usually means I immediately spend it all on a piece of equipment. I've been looking to upgrade to an amp that has been designed for the KT 150. They have been around for about 2 years now but I don't see a lot of amps designed for them. ARC came out with the REF 75 SE, which seems like a nice amp. However, I run an ARC SP3-C for my pre, which is an SE out. My understanding is the 75 is balanced which does not make them ideally compatible. I've been waiting for CJ to put out a KT 150, but am not sure if that is even on their radar. Any thoughts on a good KT 150 amp or any rumors on when the market will have some more options?
jgottget

Showing 2 responses by jgottget

Tubegroover - If you like those Silver 88's you should keep them, they may be the last available. I put an order in for a pair of 88's on April 19th and was informed on the 23rd that they were discontinued and the order would not be filled. Mike offered me a deal on the V4's but they are too much amp for my speakers, stand and room. After some calling around I found out that there was some supply issue with parts or something. Quicksilver will begin production this week of a new Mono 120 amp which will have a look similar to the Mid Mono's. They are 120 watts each with KT 150s, 12AU7 and a 12AT7 and will sell for $3,995 a pair. I should have a pair in 10 days, my guess is serial number 001 & 002 (I mean who else would buy a product that doesn't even exist yet?).