Krell KSA 200 stereo amplifier

Krell KSA stereo amplifier, am curious if anyone has experience with sonic virtues/signature sound of this amplifier as a potnetial addtion to a home system, i.e., what pre-ampos have you mated it with, speakers, etc. thx
dustbowl

Showing 1 response by chazzbo

KSA is good for speakers with speakers where they have hard load demands or big swings in impedance (I sold B&W and though the 803 was a 90db speaker needed current as it went below 4 though nominally rated at 8 ohm.So if it's and easy speaker save money with A/B 300 but if you want Krell Class A power then KSA is choice.Both have same Krell grip on bass like few amps do but Class designs are way better,more heat and of course more money.I have a 300S but no speaker that needs power.KSA was only series in Krell that could go stable constant in 1 ohm load (for @,400 wpc!) and some said it would go into 2 ohm.Great for Apogees or other notorious current suckers (like say Vandersteen Quattro or Sonus Faber but is bad match for Maggies.Big Bryston is best match their.Good for a 4 to 6 ohm 84-89 load.
Chazz