JVC tt-101 repair

Got a JVC QL-10 with a 120V TT-101. Speed is wonky. Sometimes plays fine, sometimes spins a 1000 RPM, somtimes runs forward & then backward. Could use some help.
128x128gary7
@totem395 

many thanks for the explanation, I'm sure mine has very serious problems, but it was necessary to understand from the owner that has a fully functional TT-101.
Lack of torque may be a sign it needs calibration, which is not a big deal if you can find someone who knows how to do it.  Before that, though, the electrolytic capacitors should be evaluated and probably most of them need replacing.  Failure of the electronic braking is another sign of needing calibration.  (Of course, Chakster is among those who have chastised me for harping on the need to replace the old electrolytics, so...)
@lewm

A good repairer after having spent many hours at TT101 and having solved several problems, he gave up and gave it back to me; now I’m waiting for another good repairman who will do it dedicating a bit of time when he feels like it.

He is informed that he will not be able to ask for a lot of money in case of success because the expense can not exceed the value of the turntable used and he accepted very willingly because this will be a great challenge for him; it is a repairer who is one of the largest and most important reel to reel repairers in Italy.

If it fails then it will be impossible to repair it without dedicating dozens of dozens of hours on it.
As far as torque goes, my TT-101 has plenty. As stated in the service manual, the LED reads 33.33 in 3 seconds after the button is pushed. Which as stated in the SM it hits 0.6 secs after being pushed. I clean my record on it with wet brush before I vacuum on my Record Doctor. Every once in a while it will drop to 33.32 rpm. I also adjusted the the stop pot so it come to a dead stop. Very happy with it.