Jolida JD102CRC

I'm seriously considering ordering a Jolida JD102CRC because I've really wanted to get into the world of tubes for a while. My real main hesitation is that I can't find much in the way of solid reviews or "reliable" information on Jolida. I see a lot of back and forth on whether it's just trash, or a solid entry level tube amp producer that happens to start their amps off with pretty low quality stock tubes... and all you need to do is upgrade those and you've got a really good amp for reasonable money.

Can someone shed some light on this particular model or recommend something else in THE SAME PRICE RANGE (~$875). No I can't jump to a PrimaLuna at 2 or 3 times the price.

My other consideration is a Peachtree Decco65 or Nova125, which would solve my need for a DAC at the same time... but I'm very hesitant to get something with a built in DAC. It just seems planned obseletion.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on something within the next week if possible.

Current System:

Vandersteen 1Cs
NAD 3140
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red
greatwhitebat

Showing 8 responses by raymonda

No.....but with the right speakers. Of course that would mean a total new system.....but hey.....it just hi fi and that is what makes this hobby fun. I think I just spied a pair of horn shop speakers in the classify section for 600. The Inspire a passive and the horns would make a nice system for a tube guy. Total cost around 1600. Sell of the vandy and nad and it's around 1000.
The Dennis Had kt88 inspire is sure a sweet amp....Coupled with a passive pre and your nad phono would make a nice combo with the right speakers. Check it out in the tube amp for sale section.
I owned a 102b and enjoyed it very much. The el84 tubes are inexpensive and fun. Biasing isn't too fussy and it plays nicely. The new 102 comes stock with a Alps blue velvet the older ones came with a cheaper alps. I modded mine to accept the blue velvet with great improvement in sound.

At the new price of a 102 I think you could buy better used tube amp. Buy it used for 500 and you have a great value.....at the new cost, not so much.

Also, speaker matching for any tube amp is a must. Make sure you have a 92....8 ohm speaker so that your amp can control the drivers and you have enough juice for those teenage flashback moments. The wrong speaker is a sure recipe for disappointment.
Don't walk but run over to Audio Asylum and look at the Quick Silver Mini' monos that are there for 800 per pair. These are great tube amps and are rated at 25 watts and should drive your Vandy's. This will give you a real opportunity to experience what tubes can do and a nice pair of amps to build around in the future, if the itch drive you to do so.

I'm in the camp that encourages you to explore hi fi in any direction you want to go, whether it is tubes, analog, digital, victrola or a banana peal. Hey, this is really a fun way to expand your knowledge and find what really tickles your ear.

Enjoy!
I've read nice things about peachy stuff, however, it is a mosfet amp with a high bred tube pre incorporating a dac. Not actually what you set out for but may meet your goal sonically. Best of luck but I think you might have been well served by a design from dennis had and or Mike sanders. These are classic pieces that may have been statements for years to come.

Enjoy.
PrimaLuna prologue 2 just popped up for 795. This might be the piece you have been looking for. It is an integrated.
More to discover