Jolida 302B/502B?

Hi,

I've recently decided to get into tube sound and have been told that Jolida is the way to go for a 2500 dollar system.

I am purchasing Spendor 3/5 (or 3/1) speakers when I find a good deal on them. I have tested them (with the 302B) and really like the airy midrange and smooth sound. I listen to classical, classic rock, and eclectic rock (less bass, more vocals). All of which I tested with this setup.

Now my question is: which amp would be better for my situation both musically and financially? Should I try and purchase one which is modded or not?

Also, I am looking at CD players and have been looking formost at the Jolida 100A. Is it worth it to buy the upgraded version? Why do people say you have to have the power supply replaced professionally?

I have pretty much decided on anticables for the speaker connection, but what would you recommend for interconnects?

I appreciate your help in advance.
jclarka

Showing 1 response by patrickachs

I too, have the 302B along with the JD-100...I currently am running a pair of PSB Silvers with them and have just recently purchased a pair of Acoustic Zen Reference Matrix IC's...I just absolutely love the sound!! very detailed and involving...great synergy! I have them in a 16 X 22 room and believe me....the 302 has plenty of power! I don't really have any experience with any heavily modded units...the only mods I have done is some tube rolling and power cords....believe me you will notice a huge difference with a good PC...I have absolutely no interest in getting a sub for my system because there is plenty of bass....good luck!