JC1 upgrade to Lamm M2.2 or dartzeel 108B or Ayre?

I currently driving Harbeth M40 with parasound JC1 amp, my pre-amp is Conrad Jonson Act 2 series 2, source is PS audio DirectStream

I am thinking upgrade my system start with JC1

I need some advice: do you think Lamm M2.2 is a better amp than JC1, how about Dartzeel or Ayre

I have no plan to update Harbeth M40 yet

thanks in advance
taoh2

Showing 1 response by jtinn

Taoh2: I am the importer of darTZeel and am assuming you are going to be looking in the used market since you are on Audiogon and as such this is not a sales pitch that I would benefit from. It is purely to give you the input you are looking for.

darTZeel, IMHO, makes the finest sounding amplifiers built regardless of being tubes or SS. I consider myself a tube guy and since owning the NHB-108, I have not had tubes in my system other than listening to trades or for comparison purposes.

I have great familiarity with Parasound, LAMM as well as Ayre and would choose the Ayre last out of the three you were considering (sorry Ctsooner). darTZeel would be far ahead of either of the other amps you mentioned.

If you have any questions, let me know I would be happy to share with you some of my experiences.